Dental Implants – Lewisville, TX
Lasting. Beautiful. Reliable.
If you have one or more missing teeth, dental implants from our Lewisville, TX dentist allow you to not just replace them, but basically look and feel like you’ve gotten your natural teeth back. Dental implants actually restore an entire tooth from root to crown, creating a prosthetic that offers unmatched aesthetics, strength, and durability. Dr. Sehnert works with local specialists to make it easy for our patients to get this state-of-the-art treatment right here in Lewisville, and to learn more, just give us a call to schedule an initial consultation.
Why Choose Sehnert Precision Dentistry for Dental Implants?
- Trusted by Lewisville for 20+ Years
- Highest-Quality Materials That Will Last
- Partnered with the Best Specialists in the Area
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium post that is positioned within the jawbone in order to mimic the root structure of an absent tooth. Once in place, the metal and bone bond through a natural process called osseointegration. This makes the implant extremely secure, and when it’s ready, a crown, bridge, or denture can be attached on top to permanently close a gap.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- Initial Dental Implant Consultation: During this appointment, Dr. Sehnert will examine your mouth and help you determine whether or not implants would be a good fit for you.
- Dental Implant Surgery: If you choose to get implants, you’ll be referred to a local specialist for the placement surgery, ensuring you enjoy the best care possible.
- Healing/Osseointegration: While your mouth recovers from the surgery, your implant(s) and jaw will meld together over the course of three to six months.
- Delivery of Dental Implant Restoration(s): As the final step, Dr. Sehnert will attach your custom-made teeth to your implants, completing your new smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Over half a million dental implants are placed every year, making them one of the most popular methods of tooth replacement. They’re considered the best solution for missing teeth, and it’s easy to see why! Because of their unique placement inside the jawbone, dental implants in Lewisville offer a wide range of benefits that you simply can’t get with traditional options like dentures and dental bridges. This modern tooth loss solution has the potential to significantly improve your appearance, health, and overall quality of life. If you’d like to learn how they can help you personally, continue reading or give our office a call today!
As a denture-wearer, you’re probably used to your teeth slipping and sliding around your mouth. This unwanted movement can limit your ability to enjoy your life to the fullest. Upgrading to dental implants in Lewisville can be a game-changer for your day-to-day life. You can reap benefits like:
- Ability to eat most foods. Since dental implants replace the entire structure of missing teeth from the roots up to the surface, they’ll provide you with far more stability than traditional solutions. Your new smile will be able to withstand the chewing of virtually any food!
- Increased confidence. Dental implants are secure enough that they’ll allow you to eat, speak, and smile with complete confidence.
- Easier maintenance. You don’t have to purchase special products or incorporate complex steps into your oral hygiene routine to care for dental implants. All you have to do is brush, floss, and rinse as you normally would!
In addition to improving your daily quality of life, dental implants offer several health advantages. Some of those include:
- Jawbone preservation. Because dental implants are placed inside the jawbone, they provide it with internal support. They’ll prevent the bone tissue from deteriorating over time.
- Protection for natural teeth. It’s incredibly common for teeth to shift after tooth loss. With dental implants, they’ll ensure every member of your smile stays exactly where it belongs.
- Improved overall health. Studies have shown there’s a correlation between tooth loss and an increased risk of multiple diseases. Because dental implants are similar to natural teeth, it’s safe to assume they can help lower such risks.
By getting dental implants in Lewisville, you can enjoy many long-term benefits, such as:
- High success rate. About 95% of dental implants are successful even 20 years after they’ve been placed.
- Maintain a youthful appearance. Dental implants stimulate blood flow in the jaw, preventing its deterioration and the sunken, aged look that usually comes with tooth loss.
- Long-lasting results. Unlike dentures and bridges, your new smile can easily last decades without needing replacement.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Virtually any healthy adult with tooth loss can be a suitable candidate for dental implants, whether they are missing a single tooth, a few, or all of them. Dr. Sehnert will examine a patient to make sure their mouth is ready for surgery before the treatment begins, and based on a patient’s situation, the procedure can be tailored to their particular needs.
Missing Single Tooth
Rather than filing down nearby teeth to make room for a bridge, one implant can be placed into a gap and topped with a porcelain crown. This crown will be shaped to match the rest of the teeth and won’t rely on the nearby dentition to stay in place.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Two implants placed on either side of a larger gap can serve as support for a bridge. Compared to a regular bridge, an implant bridge is not only more stable, but is also more natural-looking because it doesn’t create a noticeable black line near the gums.
Missing All of Your Teeth
An entire arch of teeth can be restored using just four to eight implants that serve as the foundation for a full denture. Implant dentures don’t shift around the mouth like removable ones, plus they are able to maintain their initial fit for several times longer.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Each step of the dental implant process incurs its own cost, from the consultation to the surgery to the restorations placed on top of the posts. Because each patient is unique and requires a personalized approach, the price of the treatment is always different from person to person. We’ll go over all the details, including the cost, during your initial consultation, plus we’ll discuss payment options to ensure your new smile fits comfortably into your budget.
Preliminary Treatments & Dental Implant Surgery
Some patients must undergo preliminary treatments, such as gum disease therapy or tooth exactions, before they can move forward with dental implants. Each of these services comes with its own price.
The dental implant placement surgery incurs a separate fee, which depends on a few different factors, such as the number of implants needed and the type of sedation used. The specialist who performs your procedure will make sure you are well-informed about the costs associated with your care.
The Parts of Your Dental Implant
Some aspects of your dental implant journey that will affect cost include:
- The number of implants you need.
- The materials used to make your dental implants.
- The specific type and manufacturer of your implants.
- The size and type of your restorations.
Feel free to ask our team or your implant placement specialist about the items used in your procedure. We want you to be confident that only top-quality materials are being used in your mouth.
How Dental Implants Can Save You Money
Although dental implants can seem pricey at first, they are actually an excellent long-term monetary value. Here are a couple of ways in which that is true:
- Dental implants offer outstanding longevity. They last several times longer than forms of tooth replacement that cost less upfront.
- Dental implants are better for your oral health. They can protect your smile from problems and spare you from having to pay for expensive procedures in the future.
Does My Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
Some dental insurance policies cover implants, while others do not. You will have to check the details of your plan to see how it applies. Our team accepts payment from many different insurance companies, and we will be happy to help you use your benefits. Even if your plan does not cover your implants themselves, it is likely to help you with other aspects of your care. For example, it could reduce the out-of-pocket costs for your preliminary procedures or your final restoration.
Making Dental Implants Affordable
Here are a few provisions that may make it easier for you to afford your dental implants:
- Most patients are eligible for low-interest financing through CareCredit after a quick and easy application process. You may be able to pay for your dental implants over time via manageable monthly installments.
- In-house membership plan. Our in-house dental discount plan provides reduced fees for many of the services offered in our Lewisville practice.
Maintaining & Caring for Your Dental Implant
Once your implants have fully healed, you can expect your newly rebuilt smile to last several decades. However, that’s only the case with proper care and maintenance. If you want your implants to last as long as possible, you need to give them the same level of care and attention as you would your natural teeth. The good news is that taking the right precautions at home will ensure your implants have a long and healthy life. Below, you can read up on some recommendations to help you get started!
Make Oral Hygiene a Priority
Even though dental implants can’t get cavities, that doesn’t mean you can slack off on your oral hygiene. The gum tissue surrounding the implant can still become inflamed due to plaque and bacteria buildup. If you want to keep your mouth healthy for years to come, you need to brush twice a day, floss daily, and rinse every day with an ADA-approved mouthwash.
Eat a Healthy Diet
After getting dental implants, you’ll be able to eat most of your favorite foods with ease. It’s crucial to stick to a balanced diet complete with foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. If you eat foods high in sugar and starch, it’ll make it easier for bacteria to produce harmful acids that attack your smile. You should also drink plenty of water to keep your mouth clean and loosen food debris.
Break Bad Habits
While dental implants are durable, they’re not indestructible. To keep them in tip-top shape, you should avoid poor habits. Don’t smoke, use your teeth as tools, or chew on hard objects! These habits can easily crack or chip your implants.
Protect Your Dental Implants
Dental implants can break or fail because of forced trauma or injury. For that reason, it’s incredibly important to wear the right protective gear when playing sports. Otherwise, participating in contact sports could damage your teeth. If you grind or clench your teeth at night while sleeping, you can prevent unnecessary wear and tear by wearing a nightguard. These oral appliances can be custom-made to fit your mouth exactly for better comfort, protection, and longevity.
Schedule Regular Dental Checkups
You must visit your dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning to ensure your oral health stays in good shape. At every appointment, we’ll conduct a detailed examination to see if there are any problems developing with your implants. With early intervention, we can help you avoid more costly and timely issues down the road.
Dental Implant FAQs
If you suffer from extensive tooth loss, you may be thinking about rebuilding your smile with dental implants in Lewisville. You can review the information above to determine whether this method of tooth replacement is right for you. However, it’s completely normal to have a few concerns about the process before committing to it. To help you, our team at Sehnert Precision Dentistry has decided to answer some frequently asked questions from patients.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants are one of the most permanent solutions for missing teeth, capable of lasting well over 30 years. Of course, their exact lifespan depends heavily on your oral health and lifestyle. You can help your upgraded smile’s durability by brushing twice a day along with daily flossing and rinsing with an ADA-approved mouthwash. Make sure you visit Dr. Sehnert every six months for a checkup and cleaning as well!
Does Getting Dental Implants Hurt?
Before the procedure begins, we will numb your mouth with a local anesthetic to ensure you’re completely comfortable. You’ll also most likely be sedated during your surgery which means your body’s ability to register pain will be much lower. For the first few days following dental implant placement, your mouth may feel sore and irritated. Fortunately, you can easily manage your discomfort by taking over-the-counter pain medication and using cold compresses.
How Long Does It Take to Recover from Dental Implant Surgery?
Most patients can return to their usual activities the day after surgery. However, it’s incredibly important you avoid strenuous exercise for the first 1-2 weeks as it can hinder the healing process. Although you can expect some bleeding and swelling after your procedure, it should stop within 3-4 days. While you recover, make sure you take your prescribed or over-the-counter pain medication as directed. It’s worth noting you may need up to six months for the implants to fuse with your jawbone via osseointegration.
Will People Be Able to Tell That I Have Dental Implants?
Your restorations are going to be personalized for your smile because your implant dentist in Lewisville takes impressions of your mouth to create them. Once they are placed, people shouldn’t be able to tell the difference between them and your natural teeth. The implants are secured in your jaw like tooth roots, so you won’t need to hold your jaw in an awkward way to keep them in place as you might with poorly fitting dentures. The combination of natural appearance and secure fit is unmatched!